A Girl's Gotta Eat

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Weekend Bake

Sheesh, have we been busy!  Let's start with the Saturday recap...

We sent our favorite Thanksgiving Stuffing Bread to Mama and Papa Jerry in Philadelphia, who promptly tore open the package and began eating the bread in the car.  Now you see where I get it!  Many of you know that I am mad for my Mama and Papa Jerry.  It's very exciting when they come visit me and I get to give extra kisses and licks, usually starting around 6AM when Mommy lets me wake them up.  Look out below - incoming bulldog and I love to jump around their bed!

But I digress.  So the Thankgiving Stuffing Bread was sent back east and here on the west coast we baked up two batches of steccas (see photo below).  Mommy bought beautiful blueberries, so we tried making a blueberry boule which got a little mushy (see photo below).  Personally, I think it needs a little sugar but I say that about everything.  We also re-made our multi-seed bread, this time using sunflower seeds without the shells.  And instead of baking the bread as a round loaf, we made rolls.  Who knew?!  They were delicious, even though they're healthy for me.

The much dreaded bath was put off until today, but I may get a reprieve for a few more hours because I just ate lunch and Daddy won't want anything to upset me when my tummy is full or I might puke  :-)  Not a pleasant business if you're Daddy and have to clean it up.

So that's it for the weekend here in Santa Monica.  The sun is about to break through, we're wishing Uncle Paulie a very happy birthday and looking forward to a good week.

Love and licks to all,
Bellalicious


1 comment:

  1. I would eat that! In fact I did!v Loved it with coffee..Got to go, need to eat more...I will check in soon. xxoo

    ReplyDelete