A Girl's Gotta Eat

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oh, My Aching Tummy

Thank goodness it's over.  The doorbell constantly ringing, the annoyingly cute kids, the endless pieces of chocolate finding their way into my mouth... I finally gave in to the sugar crash.

When I awakened from my stupor this morning, I swore I wouldn't eat again for a week, but little did I know that my dear friend Valentina, of www.cookingontheweekends.com fame, was about to post a recipe for Sweet Potato Sausage Soup with Udon Noodles.  OMG, I mean how is a bully to resist something like that?!  So here I am, salivating once again, dreaming of Valentina's yummy soup in my tummy.  It's so easy - one pot cooking (my kind of recipe!) and perfect for chilly autumn nights. Valentina and her family, especially her two boys, are every bit as delicious as her food, and I am positively mad for her parents, who are two of the most amazing and courageous people you will ever meet. The other things I really love about Valentina? She pairs food with flowers (how I love flowers!) and features recipes that are gluten-free, a/k/a healthy.... so do it, people!

That's it for now - gotta go take my Pancetta Bread out of the oven before my morning walk on this foggy day after as my mind drifts toward Thanksgiving and turkey and stuffing and sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts....  ::::sighing with anticipation::::

Love and licks to all,
Bellalicious

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Miss Bellalicious! Your photo has been a big hit over here! xoxo

    ReplyDelete