A Girl's Gotta Eat

Saturday, January 28, 2012

We're Having a Heat Wave

or maybe it's a hot flash. It's so hard to distinguish between the two.

Greetings, humans! It's hot hot hot in LA and it feels like spring has sprung. The jasmine is blooming, the wisteria is flowering and all I want to do is dig holes and burrow outside under a bush. It's a dog's life, I tell you.

This is my fourth weekend at The Farmshop and I'm so excited to introduce everyone to my new friend, Hannah (see photo below). Hannah, it was so much fun meeting you and your little brother - I hope you liked the bread. Please send love and licks to your parents for me!

It's been another busy week in the kitchen, trying out new breads and I think I just may have two new winners. The first is Farmshop Pastrami in Rye, which Daddy insists on calling Pastrami in the Rye but sadly, no one laughs. I rolled the pastrami into a dark Swedish rye with molasses, cocoa powder, fennel seed and a splash of orange oil. I now understand the origin of the word delicious - DELI - and so it was. The second is Rocky Road Bread (see photo below), which tastes remarkably like the ice cream, just a lot warmer. OMG, the bread oozes marshmallow and chocolate - it could really make a bully blow her diet if she were so inclined... which she is :-)

So please visit The Farmshop this weekend to try my breads, including Almond Butter & Nutella Loaf, Peanut Butter & Bittersweet Chocolate Loaf, Chocolate Curry Bread, Pancetta w/ Red Chile Flakes, Cottage Cheese w/ Dill, Peanut Butter & Jelly Loaf w/ Strawberry Preserves, Mexican Hot Chocolate Bread (caliente!) and Steccas w/ Artichoke Hearts, Tarragon & Sea Salt. Wait, I'm drooling.

That's it from sunny Santa Monica. Mommy, Daddy and I are sending huge hugs and prayers to Adrian, who is back at City of Hope. Please please pretty please come back with clean biopsy results and I will bake you any bread you'd like!

As always, love and licks to all,
Bellalicious

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE the ice picture! The breads look spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sampled the Asiago Cheese Bread from Farmshop. OMG! Nancy Silverton, Zoe Nathan and, now, Elizabeth... I mean, Bella. Oops. Bread does not get better than this. Chuck

    ReplyDelete