A Girl's Gotta Eat

Thursday, August 11, 2011

If You Can't Take The Heat...

I have officially left the kitchen, but evidently the apron goes with me.  All I can say is thank goodness I can type while I chew because my cheeks are bulging with an enormous bite of chocolate babka (see photo below).  OMG, this is delicious - bittersweet chocolate and cinnamon rolled inside the dough with brown sugar and cinnamon streusel topping, all rolled into a braid like a challah.  It is one beautiful loaf of bountiful calories waiting to be consumed by yours truly.

Today, we're back to breads - asiago cheese and we're prepping another Thanksgiving Pilgrim Bread, but this time we're adding chopped pecans to the recipe, an inspirational idea from my wonderful Aunt Jan who walks with Mommy and me every Thursday.  We're also going to experiment with a multi-seed bread which sounds suspiciously healthy - pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds - maybe a little honey to make it bearable.  Results to follow tomorrow after we make Daddy taste it  :-)

Nothing else to report - it's a gray and gloomy morning by the beach and I'm looking forward to my next play date with my new friend, Ruby, a six-month old vizla puppy.  I love rolling around the grass with her.  It's a dog's life.

Licks and love to all,
Bellalicious

No comments:

Post a Comment