A Girl's Gotta Eat

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer

Greetings, humans, and welcome to the dog days of summer. 

It's hot here, but not as hot as where Mama and Papa Jerry live.  Of course, we could be in Texas, so I guess we don't have anything to complain about  :-)

Despite the heat, Mommy and I have been busy in the kitchen baking a few loaves our much beloved Asiago Cheese Bread (see photo below) and our new favorite , Mexican Hot Chocolate Bread with piment d'Espelette (Basque red pepper) and chili pepper flakes.  Oh, the smells coming out of that kitchen! 

Oddly enough, no matter how hot it is, I never seem to lose my appetite.  I have just snarfed my lunch of steamed broccoli and carrots, topped with non-fat Greek yogurt and baked yams, also known as Mama's Bulldog Diet.  Delish.  It more than makes up for the falling stock market, the potential downgrade of our debt rating and rising unemployment.  I don't really know what any of that means  :-)

We're going to experiment with Apricot Almond Bread later in the week - stay tuned for details and thank you all for following me.  It's usually the other way around!

Love and licks,
Bellalicious

No comments:

Post a Comment