A Girl's Gotta Eat

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mexican Hot Chocolate Bread

Ay, Caramba!

I can't feel my tongue.  Wait, I feel something.... a combination tingle/burn from the chili peppers Mommy put in the Mexican Hot Chocolate Bread, a/k/a chocolate chili pepper bread.  I only ate a little piece but I'm going back for more.  Is this what hurts so good means?

Mommy and I continue to experiment with our breads.  This morning's blackstrap praline bread was a bust.  Too crunchy, though that wouldn't be bad if Daddy was still a dentist  :-)  But the Mexican Hot Chocolate Bread is divine ::::sighing::::  We used a combination of bittersweet chocolate chips, unsweetened cocoa powder, piment d'espelette (Basque chili pepper) and chili flakes.  Wow Wow Wow (as opposed to bow wow wow).  I'm considering asking for political asylum and becoming a Mexican bulldog.

I think I'm having my first hot flash - gotta go drink a few bowls of water.
Love and licks
Bellalicious

1 comment:

  1. Jmbobert@gmail.comAugust 8, 2011 at 5:27 PM

    This bread was amazing! Bella is great of a baker as she is a kisser :)

    ReplyDelete