A Girl's Gotta Eat

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bella's Breadbox: Sunday Brunch at Bella's

Bella's Breadbox: Sunday Brunch at Bella's:  It's a lazy Sunday morning but not for me. I've been standing around the kitchen for hours, drooling over the goodies and waiting for a morsel to drop.  Is that too much to ask for?

On deck this morning - a selection of breads, including classic rustic, wildflower honey nut loaf, banana bread and sticky buns which Daddy says remind him of my tail!  There are also cocoa sable cookies and pistachio biscuits which I can't eat.  I'm watching my girlish figure ever since a gardener called me la gordita last week, so I sadly must pass on the sweets.  ::::grrrr:::::

I heard a whisper of a rumor that we're making carrot bread with raisins, walnuts and cumin seed tomorrow.  For those of you who know my grandmother, a/k/a Mamma, you know I eat steamed carrots for lunch everyday, so the mere mention of carrots gets the saliva glands going!  I also asked Mommy if we could experiment, so we're preparing a very unusual combination for tomorrow's bake - bittersweet chocolate with coconut and curry.  I'm not sure if I'll we'll be snarfing or barfing after this one!

And for all you in the heat bubble, here's something from my dear Uncle Fred - a photo (scroll down) of a distant cousin in Dallas.  I've heard of iced coffee, but never iced bully!

Licks and love,
Bellalicious

No comments:

Post a Comment