A Girl's Gotta Eat

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Perfect Granddog

TGIF, humans.  What a week!

We were up early again this morning, this time baking our favorite Thanksgiving Stuffing Bread which we sent overnight to Mama for her weekend consumption.  Perhaps some of you lucky readers in Philadelphia will get to snarf a bite?  Better hurry - Mama likes her bread!

We also baked our first try at multi-seed bread (see below).  Do you remember the old game, what's wrong with this picture?  Look closely and see if you can spot the mistake.  Did you find it yet?  Such are the travails of a baker - who knew you had to shell sunflower seeds?!  Mommy took one bite and said, "uh-oh."  Talk about crunchy.  I felt like a parrot spitting out shells when I tried it.  Really, Mommy.  An A for effort but a D for smarts on this one!  I'm never going to let her live this down.

Tomorrow is Saturday and we're heavy into alliteration over here, so it will be Stecca Saturday on the menu, which happen to be one of Daddy's favorites.  We'll top them with cherry tomatoes, thyme, sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil.  I also suspect I'll be getting a bath since I was puddle jumping this morning.  Let's just say my paws are no longer pearly white.  And on Sunday we will rest.  I hope.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.  Nap time on the best, oops I meant west, coast.
love and licks,
Bellalicious

No comments:

Post a Comment